Youth & Student Ambassador Programme
Get involved in the RASAC Youth or Student Ambassador programme
If, like us, you are passionate about ending gender inequality and sexual violence or if you really want to make a difference then we’d love to hear from you.
What is a RASAC Ambassador?
- Our Youth Ambassadors are young people 14-18 of any gender, usually attending high school
- Our Student Ambassador are young people 18-25 of any gender, usually attending college and/or university
- Being an Ambassador is being a change maker in your peer group, family and community, challenging inequality and its effects on society.
- Our Ambassadors meet regularly and work alongside the RYI Prevention Team to deliver our workshops to community groups, help us campaign, are involved in awareness raising and volunteering activities
What’s so good about being a Youth Ambassador?
- All our Ambassador undertake training and workshops in areas of gender inequality and sexual violence and how to challenge safely and appropriately
- You can get involved in team building activities, residentials and day trips. This can be anything from kayaking down the River Tay to a day out in Edinburgh visiting the Children and Young People’s Commissioner!
- Your views are taken seriously and there are lots of opportunities to get involved in campaigning as well as local and national consultations
- You can gain volunteering hours towards Saltires and other volunteering awards.
- You can gain new skills, build confidence and improve your CV
- You can meet new people and build friendships with like minded people
If you would like to know more, have a chat or sign up to the next training programme;
- Give us a call on 01738 626290 and ask to speak to Laura, Finneen or Joanne
- Email us on Laura@rasacpk.org.uk
Watch our video about the Youth Ambassador Programme by our RYI Prevention Team, Laura, Finneen and Joanne
Check out our latest Newsletter looking at: -Our Support Services - Check out our new Videos -International Women's Day - Fundraising Night - Sticker campaign -Reaching out to the Community - UHI Drop in Support, OWLs Drop in Support & Conversation Cafes with hard to reach communities -Self-Care - Spa Day at Home -Survivor's Groups - What Groups are on till July 23 & some exciting new outdoor activities! -RASAC Youth Initiative - Student Ambassadors Recruitment & what the Youth Ambassadors have been up to. Check out our new Youth -Ambassador video by our Prevention Worker
If you are looking to refer any young person (12+) or adult woman to RASAC for Support please ensure you fill in all relevant sections of our referral form and ensure that the individual you are referring signs the form. We aim to offer an initial appointment to the individual within two to three weeks.