Click here or press the Escape key to leave this site now
Helpline 01738 630965
Office 01738 626290

Are you injured?

It is important to consider whether or not you need to seek medical help for any injuries you may have, especially if you are bleeding or in pain.

If at all possible try to find a safe place you can keep warm in. Sometimes right after an assault you may not feel pain, but this might gradually increase over the next few hours. This might be because you are in shock and this can be normal reaction to what you have experienced.

During this time you may also feel overwhelmed with a wide range of feelings or you may feel completely numb. Try to be kind to yourself.

You can get treated by your doctor (GP) or local Accident and Emergency Department. If you do attend hospital or your GP to have injuries treatment, are not under the age of 18 or a vulnerable adult, then the hospital or GP should not inform the police.

Some survivors have found that writing down any questions they have before they go helps. You can access healthcare without telling the doctor what has happened to you. The important thing is that you get any injuries seen to. It is understandable that you may be anxious about this. You are able to take a friend with you which may help.

Useful contacts in this section:

  • Police Scotland Emergency: 999 (24/7)
  • NHS 24 Scotland Helpline – 111 (24/7)
  • Perth & Kinross Accident and emergency - Perth Royal Infirmary, Taymount Terrace, Perth, PH1 1NX, 01738 62331
  • RASAC P&K Helpline: 01738 630965 (9am-5pm weekdays - you may need to leave a message)
  • RASAC P&K Support Email:

Related downloads

RASAC Referral Form 2022

If you are looking to refer any young person (12+) or adult woman to RASAC for Support please ensure you fill in all relevant sections of our referral form and ensure that the individual you are referring signs the form. We aim to offer an initial appointment to the individual within two to three weeks.

Referral form

If you would like to refer yourself into our support service or would like to refer a woman or young person you are working with, download our Referral Form.