Confidentiality is really important. It can help you feel safe enough to talk about how you feel and explore the things that have happened to you. We take your confidentiality really seriously and do all we can to keep your information confidential within the team.
There are times when we might need to pass on information if we are concerned about your safety or the safety of others. We will always try to talk to you first if that ever happens. Below are the circumstances where we might need to pass on information:
- If you are abusing a child.
- If you are using illegal drugs on RASAC P&K Premises.
- If you are found to be selling drugs on RASAC P&K Premises.
- If you are violent or verbally abusive towards any member of RASAC P&K or any other person/s on RASAC P&K premises.
- If you steal or destroy centre or individuals property at the Centre.
- If you are planning a suicide that would place a child or dependent in danger.
- If you have taken action to end your life we will do all in our power to support you to choose life, but we do have an obligation to act if there is reasonable suspicion that a woman’s life or the lives of any children, are in danger. This may mean alerting the appropriate services and sharing relevant information.
- If you are abusing a dependent.
- If you plan to deliberately harm or endanger someone's life.
- If you have children and reveal that someone in a household inhabited by you and your children is a Schedule 1 offender deemed to be a danger to children.
If we do need to speak to someone about a concern we have, we will do our best to let you know what is happening at all times.
If you would like to see a copy of our confidentiality policy please contact us.