Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (Perth & Kinross)
RASAC (P&K) provides emotional and practical support, information and advocacy to anyone affected by sexual violence age 12+ who identifies as a woman/girl and boys age 12-18. Sexual violence can include rape, childhood sexual abuse, stalking, sexual harassment, sexual assault and sexist bullying. Our service is free and confidential and we cover the geographical area of Perth & Kinross Council.
The services RASAC P&K provides include;
- Provision of support to survivors either face to face or through email / telephone / letter
- Support to family and friends of survivors via our helpline
- Helpline Monday 10:00 – 12:00, Wednesday 12:00 – 14:00, Friday from 14:00 - 16:00
- Daily evening helpline 6pm – midnight through the Rape Crisis Scotland Helpline
- Group work
- Prevention Workshops through RASAC Youth Initiative (RYI)
- Awareness raising events
- Promotion of national campaigns
- Delivery of multi-agency training
- Resource library for survivors and workers
- Active members on the P&K Violence Against Women Partnership
We provide support via our helpline as well as longer term support which can be face to face, by telephone, email or letter. Click here to read our About Us leaflet.
RASAC P&K is committed to challenging gender-based violence.
Gender-based violence is any act of violence ‘that is directed against a woman because she is a woman or that affects women disproportionately’ (UN Secretary General Report (2006). RASAC P&K recognise that Sexual Violence is both a cause and consequence of gender inequality in our society. We aim to challenge society’s tolerance of sexual violence against women and children and provide services run by women for women and young people. RASAC P&K offers women a safe women only space in which to receive support. We acknowledge survivors as the experts on what support they need and provide a range of methods of support which are aimed at empowering women to make their own choices and gain back control in their lives.
Our Support Room: